Monday, May 14, 2007

Perspectives




If you give Joseph a spoon, he will study it for ten seconds, throw it on the floor and proceed to do so for as long as the excedrin supply lasts.

If you give Carli a spoon, she probably won't think much of it until she sees said spoon in Joseph's hand.

If you give Danny a spoon, he will use it to raid the fridge and attack anything on Jen's plate. And leave it somewhere in the den.

If you give Jen a spoon, she will clean it, organize it with like spoons, ensure that all are facing south, then organize entire drawer so that all its contents are symmetrical. Following that, she will use it to reward herself with a Haagen Dazs product. She will then repeat the process.

If the sun is shining, then Carli and Joseph think, "Woo Hoo! To the swingset, mother vessel!"
Danny thinks, "Getting my money's worth on the swingset"; and Jen thinks "Ugh! Now I have to apply all that sunscreen..."

When our friendly neighborhood geese and their newly hatched goslings trot around the lawn, Carli thinks, "wow..."
Joseph thinks, "Um, can we please go back to the swings?"
Jen thinks, "The stunning cycle of life, represented by multiple mammals, isn't the planet, (sniff) just beautiful?"
Danny thinks, "D'oh! More goose poop all over the lawn!
When Carli starts cruising from the couch to the table, she thinks, "If I could only reach the phone, I could call Nana and get her to feed me cookies every five minutes".
When Joseph cruises from the table to the couch, he thinks, "If I could reach the remote control I could keep Baby Einstein on constant feed. And I could have a couple of those aforementioned cookies that Carli is procuring."
Danny thinks, "I'm watching too much Family Guy. I think we're raising Stewies."
Jen thinks, "Is it naptime yet?!"
And you're thinking, "Does a mother's omnipitence really allow her access to her whole families' thoughts?" Moms, you know it does. Hope you had a superb Mother's day.
Love, the Aboudi Circus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow they look very cute.. got to see them soon.